Community Service Program
Bridging the Gap
United Minds Community Services is a not-for-profit charity and our mission is to help people access individual and group therapy regardless of their financial circumstances, to help bring people together and to offer a helping hand when things get tough.
Our community service program offers a range of service to help us achieve this mission. Below is a summary of the services we offer
Our Community Services
Making A Difference
Our Community Service Program (CSP) is available for people who meet the following criteria:
- Low income Health Care Card
- Full Time adult student
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Senior Citizen
If you meet this criteria then you may be eligible to access our CSP.
Low Cost Counselling
We know that not everyone is in a position to financially fund psychological support. Our low cost counselling service is available for those who are eligible for our Community Service Program. This service offers low cost sessions with a supervised student counsellor. This service is suitable for people with mild support needs. Eligibility for this service can be determined by phoning our intake officer on 1300 724 824
Concession & Bulk Billed Psychology
We offer a concession rate for our psychology service if you meet the above criteria. In exceptional circumstances, we have a limited number of bulk billed sessions available for people in need.
Please note that there is a high demand for a bulk billed place so there may be a short wait to access support through this service.
Bulk Billed Telehealth
Our community service program also runs a telehealth service. This service delivers bulk billed sessions to:
* People in remote and rural regions across Victoria. To be eligible for this service, people must reside in a remote or rural region and be eligible for a Mental Health Care Plan. You can search here to see if you are classified as living in a remote or rural area. Please select Modified Monash Model and then enter your address. Alternatively, please contact our intake officer on 1300 724 824.
* Bushfire - We offer telehealth services to people who were affected by the recent bushfires
* Covid-19 - We offer a full telehealth service to people who are affected by Covid-19. This service can be delivered via phone or video call.
Material & Financial Aid
United Minds offers limited material and financial aid to registered clients in the CSP and are in need. This may include food vouchers, food from our foodbank, support paying utilities or funding support to assist with employment, education or training. Your psychologist/counsellor will assess suitability for this service.
Community Initiatives and Support Groups
United Minds will often run support groups, social groups and other community initiatives that require a gold coin donation to attend. These initiatives and groups are developed in response to a local community need and developed in house by our psychologists, student counsellors or in collaboration with other services and local community members. Further information about current and future groups and initiative can be found on our 'programs and initiatives' page.